Antique Amritsar Jail – Flowering Vines
Price available on request
During the reign of the British empire over India, weaving centres were established in the Indian Jails where looms were setup and prisoners were trained by weavers from Persia. The resulting carpets were of exceptional quality and were made using the finest pure wool. Their designs were inspired by the classical Persian and Mughal carpets of the 16th and 17th centuries. Amongst the well known centres was the Amritsar Jail.
Size In Feet12x9
Size In Cms365.76x274.32
ColourPale Pink, Blue
The beauty of nature is depicted in a poetic and eloquent manner in these carpets. The quality of workmanship can be seen in the intricacy of the pattern and the sheen of the wool. This is a spectacular original Amritsar Jail rug which uses exquisite quality of wool and craftsmanship which is rarely available in today’s day and age. The inspirations from Persian patterns can be seen in the floral frenzy as well as the use of brighter color tones.
- Free delivery within India*
- The estimated time of delivery -
- For all areas serviced by reputed couriers - 5-7 working days
- For other areas, orders will be sent by Registered Post through the Indian Postal Service, which may take 1-2 weeks
- With every order, you will receive an email containing the details of the order placed
- Once we ship the item(s), you will receive another email containing the shipping details
- International Delivery as per actual costs.
* Additional cost (duty, tax) maybe levied for certain international shipments, on a case-by-case basis
- Vacuum periodically to keep the rug clean
- Do not soak or leave the rug sitting wet
- Blot immediately if there are any spills, and clean the spot with carbonated water and mild liquid soap
- Place furniture coasters under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening the rug
- For specific care instructions, please refer to our FAQs.