Vintage Kafkash Kilim – Protection
The symbol S in its many forms in tribal rugs, denotes the Zorashtrian symbol of the sun and also stands for protection or to ward off the evil eye. Such beliefs and symbolisms is what makes these kilims unique in their choice of pattern and implementation of design.
Size In Feet8.1 x 5.4
Size In Cms246.38 x 162.56
ColourPale Pink, Green, Brown
Kafkash rugs are made by tribes migrating between the borders of Persia, Turkey and kazak. These are all handwoven and primarily use vegetable dyes which over a period of time shine better and have a natural abrash. The beauty of these kilims lies in their raw nature, where no map or ‘naksha’ was used and these were woven with specific uses in mind.
- Free delivery within India*
- The estimated time of delivery -
- For all areas serviced by reputed couriers - 5-7 working days
- For other areas, orders will be sent by Registered Post through the Indian Postal Service, which may take 1-2 weeks
- With every order, you will receive an email containing the details of the order placed
- Once we ship the item(s), you will receive another email containing the shipping details
- International Delivery as per actual costs.
* Additional cost (duty, tax) maybe levied for certain international shipments, on a case-by-case basis
- Vacuum periodically to keep the rug clean
- Do not soak or leave the rug sitting wet
- Blot immediately if there are any spills, and clean the spot with carbonated water and mild liquid soap
- Place furniture coasters under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening the rug
- For specific care instructions, please refer to our FAQs.