Amritsar Jail – Hamadan “Window” Pattern
This spectacular recreation of the Amritsar Jail carpet has its origins from the Mughal period. The Mughal period was the golden era of carpet weaving in the sub-continent under the patronage of the great Mughal emperor, Akbar, who nurtured all forms of arts and craft. Carpet weaving, during his reign was elevated to an art form.
Size In Feet10.8x8.2
Size In Cms325.12x248.92
ColourLight Blue, Pink
The various prisoners of war were taught by expert weavers to create some of the most stunning carpets in history. The local weavers, over a period of time, added their own elements to the patterns, designs and weaving techniques thereby distinguishing themselves from other regions. The most popular jail carpets are from Agra, Amritsar, Lahore and Jaipur. This Amritsar Jail recreation has taken several months to come to fruition. The use of high quality wool and traditional weaving techniques allow this carpet to have an unmatched sheen and design intricacy.
- Free delivery within India*
- The estimated time of delivery -
- For all areas serviced by reputed couriers - 5-7 working days
- For other areas, orders will be sent by Registered Post through the Indian Postal Service, which may take 1-2 weeks
- With every order, you will receive an email containing the details of the order placed
- Once we ship the item(s), you will receive another email containing the shipping details
- International Delivery as per actual costs.
* Additional cost (duty, tax) maybe levied for certain international shipments, on a case-by-case basis
- Vacuum periodically to keep the rug clean
- Do not soak or leave the rug sitting wet
- Blot immediately if there are any spills, and clean the spot with carbonated water and mild liquid soap
- Place furniture coasters under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening the rug
- For specific care instructions, please refer to our FAQs.