Agra Jail Summer Cotton Carpet – Subtle Tones
During the reign of the British empire over India, weaving centres were established in the Indian Jails where looms were setup and prisoners were trained by weavers from Persia. The resulting carpets were of exceptional quality and were made using the finest quality of raw materials. Their designs were inspired by the classical Persian carpets and some European tapestries as well. The most famous of these weaving centres was the Agra Jail.
Size In Feet7.5 x 4.8
Size In Cms226.06 x 142.24
Apart from the introduction of local patterns, color combinations etc., the use of cotton as opposed to wool was a major shift in Indian carpet weaving. The soft and subtle fibre enhanced the feel of the carpet underfoot and also exuded a cool and comfortable aura.
- Free delivery within India*
- The estimated time of delivery -
- For all areas serviced by reputed couriers - 5-7 working days
- For other areas, orders will be sent by Registered Post through the Indian Postal Service, which may take 1-2 weeks
- With every order, you will receive an email containing the details of the order placed
- Once we ship the item(s), you will receive another email containing the shipping details
- International Delivery as per actual costs.
* Additional cost (duty, tax) maybe levied for certain international shipments, on a case-by-case basis
- Vacuum periodically to keep the rug clean
- Do not soak or leave the rug sitting wet
- Blot immediately if there are any spills, and clean the spot with carbonated water and mild liquid soap
- Place furniture coasters under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening the rug
- For specific care instructions, please refer to our FAQs.