Agra Jail Cotton Flatweave – Indian Art
The flatweaves created during the British raj were intriguing to say the least. Unusual colors, more to the taste and pallete of the European markets were created and fine quality cotton used. The color and pattern trends continued to stand their ground and became an interesting alternative to the intricate Persian designs.
Size In Feet13.3 x 9.5
Size In Cms403.86 x 287.02
The local weavers, over a period of time, added various elements to these flatweaves, inspired by their surroundings or aspirations. Designs and weaving techniques evolved over the years thereby distinguishing themselves from other regions.
- Free delivery within India*
- The estimated time of delivery -
- For all areas serviced by reputed couriers - 5-7 working days
- For other areas, orders will be sent by Registered Post through the Indian Postal Service, which may take 1-2 weeks
- With every order, you will receive an email containing the details of the order placed
- Once we ship the item(s), you will receive another email containing the shipping details
- International Delivery as per actual costs.
* Additional cost (duty, tax) maybe levied for certain international shipments, on a case-by-case basis
- Vacuum periodically to keep the rug clean
- Do not soak or leave the rug sitting wet
- Blot immediately if there are any spills, and clean the spot with carbonated water and mild liquid soap
- Place furniture coasters under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening the rug
- For specific care instructions, please refer to our FAQs.